The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Thursday, April 29, 2004

The oppressive 'System' That We Live In

Carlyna's story reminds me of the fond memories of my mission not so long ago. In my second area I had a bad streak of parasites, about three months long. These weren't any old parasite, oh no. They were amoebas. When an amoeba gets a hold of you, they don't easily let go. They call there other friends, have an drunken party, and soon you are filled with these animals. The Human Digestive System, or 'System' as I like to call it, is called in. The system doesn't like the party and soon calls in the raid, doesn't warn the neighbors, just busts right in. Much to my chagrin, this happened on one particular day right as I was leaving the house. Luckily for Elder Ochaeta and myself, I could get back into the house in time. Two more times this happened before we could reach the end of our block. I felt good about myself, maybe it was the false hope that there was no more crap to crap. But in any case, I felt that we could make a day of work. We tried. I got around the corner and in came the System, and out went the amoebas. To answer question #3, Carlyna; yes, it smelt awful. And felt awful. I gave up. I didn't even try to clean it up. I left it for Sister Mundo to wash. Maybe you think that I am going too far with this story. Maybe I am going too far with this story. But I feel that everyone should know about the System. I learned something that day, something very important. Life changing even. I learned that if the crap comes three times, take it as a sign and stay home. The crap will come again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home