The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Writing from the H.E.A.R.T.

Most of the time when I dress in the morning, I can only see as far as that little 20 x 20 cubical. I freeze on my way to room at 6 in the morning. But when the kiddies go out for a much needed recess from 1:45 - 2:20, I get a sunburn, with my long sleeve-shirt on. It was all I could do to not burn up from the UV rays the sun produced. I thought I was going down in a blaze of glory. As we walked back into the school, my class was worn out (my plan all along, the longer we stay out, the less talkative they'll be when we get in) and not so talkative. A teacher commented on the quiet nature of my class. One of my girls said, "That's what we've been trying to be all day." Interesting, thanks, Bobbie Sue*. All it takes is an afternoon of running outside in the 90 degree weather. I also have a great sun tan on my face. "Have you been tanning, Jenn?" "Nope, just recess."


*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home