The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Cajun Bob? Cajun Blog.

Well kids, here it is. The much anticipated explanation of our run-in with the Bob that epitiphies all that is cajun. Mean, and to the point.
Cajun Bob's is a pool hall/flea market just outside of Rexburg, Idaho. We had heard of the place early in the week and I yearned to go since. So, on Wednesday of last week we heard tell from Chris, a kid I was staying with, that Cajun Bob is indeed cajun, mean, ornery, and out of his wits. Chris got a thirty minute reaming for not bringing cash to Cajun Bob's. Turns out, Cajun Bob is President of an Anti-Credit Card Coalition. The news to me was that such a thing existed, and more over, that the president of said organization lives in our very own Rexburg, Idaho. We all thought that Chris was exaggerating, and the story just fueled all of our desires to go.
When we arrived, Dodge got a 15 minute introduction, to all that is Cajun Bob. Everything from why school sucks, to Cajun Bob's own literary genius (he is author of 16 books and a professional public speaker since age 23, a fact that we were all made aware of). Even though he dropped out of school in the 8th grade, Cajun Bob is a millionaire since age 35 and started his first "business enterprise" at the tender age of 16. Not a fan of the DiVall brand of sarcasm, from Dodge or "Cajun Marc" as I introduced myself, we were invited to start playing pool. After almost our full hour of playing pool and halfway through out double elimination tournament, Cajun Bob noticed out half eaten bag of M&M's sitting on an unused pool table. With much angst fueled by Cajun's unkown past, he kicked Dodge out of his pool hall/flea market, only after an all out yelling match by both (Dodge won based on liable argument, Cajun Bob won based on anger). I quickly stepped in before Nathan could continue with the yelling and quietly put Cajun in his place. I won't go into detail, but in the words of Nathan "everything that [I] said was perfect." I got him to agree that he should refund our money, even though he really only kicked Dodge out. To put an end to the Cajun Yelling, I told Cajun to have a good evening, to which the response was, "I'll have a great evening." Not to be outdone, I slipped in "You can only rack the balls so many times when no one is playing pool" before making my exit. Thinking that I was in the clear, and reveling in my DiVall witt, I was called back in by Cajun. He started to yell at me once again, calling me a "youngster" and pointing out my white hat. He told how this generation has no respect for senior citizens and that we could all use some good Cajun Education. I didn't want to keep arguing with someone who obviously couldn't remember what the argument was about, so I left. There was much talk of the event, mostly because we left the battery to my camera in the place and had to go back and get it. I wasn't there for that confrontation, but word has it..Nathan put Cajun in his place. Thank you Nathan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home