The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Rubberneckers

As I was driving home from Dallas this evening, I was stopped in the ever-so-ill-fated traffic. What causes traffic, I often ask myself? Why are we ALL stopped? Isn't there someone who's moving? Are we that backed up from Minnesota? Then I passed it. The accident. No badly injured cars, no badly injured people. So why must we stop people?! As I always say, Nothing to see here. Move it right along......Why are humans so intrigued with other's suffering? Must we see a bloody person walk from a destroyed car to fulfill our carnal nature? And when we do, we look a first in shock and then in dismay? Why? And as drivers, shouldn't we be watching the road instead of gaucking? I never get to see accidents b/c I just happen to be the driver, watching the road. If you are at the head of an accident, please, for the sake of my insanity, keep moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home