The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Leisure Suit Fairy

This morning I didn't do anything special. I didn't say anything that may have sounded like I was flirting; especially with a man. All I talked to him about was how I'd never been to Costco. From there on he told me that his executive membership has payed off. Every time he spends money there they give him a screaming 2% back of what he has spent for the year. After talking about the 3 locations of Costco in the DFW Metroplex, he told me there was one in Southlake. To which I replied, "Southlake huh? Isn't there a Banana Republic in Southlake?" He laughed and said, "I don't shop at malls I wouldn't know." I brought up the banana republic website and looked at some of the men's accesories. He came over to see the website as well. (It looked like the men wearing the clothes appealed more to him than the flip flops did to me.) I decided to look at the store locator. After I showed him where it was at He finally went back to his desk. I continued navigating my excel map of names, numbers, and titles until a message popped up... "XXXX: home #XXXXXXX and cell XXXXX." He then poked his head out of his cube and said he would love to take me down there sometime. I cringed.

If only girls were as proactive...

Post Script: He smells like a photolab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home