The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The early bird

Does the early bird really catch the worm? I don't know, but it obviously as plenty of time to think.

On Monday I had to work at 5 am. Yes, that's in the morning. I came to a realization that I actually liked getting to work that early.

PROS
I have a 30 minute commute and I think I counted maybe 5 cars on the whole drive. The roads are empty.
You can really go as fast as you want because there are no cops around for the most part. I did see two yesterday and was wondering what on earth they are doing pulling someone over at such an insane hour.
The day gets over faster. Well, that is if you only work 8 hours. 5am-2pm is an excellent day. You still have the whole afternoon.
You are at work almost 3 hours before anyone else gets there,
therefore, no one can bother you because basically by the time they do get to work, your day is almost over.

CONS
Well, you have to wake up around the time that most people are letting their heads hit their pillows.
The next day you almost endanger yourself on the way to work because you are lacking in sleep and your eyes keep closing and your speech is a little slurred and no one can understand you because you are a bit delirious and tired.

With that said, I am going to bed so I can begin it all again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home