The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Thursday, May 06, 2004

The 2 Minute Hate=Paranoid Android

When I was in middle school, my older brothers and Blogmaster D rigged up the VCR and cd player and made a music video of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon playing to the Wizard of Oz. The end result was a 45+ minute music video. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

My senior year of high school I finally read George Orwell’s 1984. I was intrigued by the man’s outlook on what the future could hold. I was probably even more surprised that it took place in 1984. My music interests at the time deviated little from anything too far from radiohead. For a couple years all I did on the internet was read radiohead interviews and download radiohead bootlegs. (I used all of that useless information to win 2 tickets to see them in Houston for free.) One day I came across this document. (click here). It is an analysis of Radiohead’s Ok Computer and it’s relation (if there is one) to George Orwell’s 1984 . If you have some time to blow and are interested in records that have been written to relate to books, or records that tell a story, check this one out. It’s not far from the greatness of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home