The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Bug Me

I realized, and now share Danno's contempt for the bug boys. There was an entire new group of them at my ward today. And I have to say, I wasn't pleased with what I saw. There was the guy wearing Cadillac belt buckle, big and shiny. The kid wearing clogs, no socks and bad clothes. And the kid wearing flip flops with his suit. Not good. I normally wouldn't have a problem with any of this, except one thing. It all reminded me of the first day of high school when everyone was different than the year before. They thought that over the summer they could change who they were by how they dressed. Not so. Why can't people just be themselves? My contempt doesn't come from the way they dressed. But from how they acted. They definitely had the "I'm here for the summer, I'm going to get as many girls as I can" attitude. I was with a couple of girls in the hallway after Sunday school when two of them came up, interrupted, and preceded to issue the invitation to their pool party. Who was invited? Damen and I? No. Only the girls. My conversation was interrupted by two bug guys wanted to get with the local girls. I would be fine with the bug guys if they invited everyone and still got with our girls, but they don't. It's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home