The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Are You Allowed These in School?

So, in my morning routine of going to work I got sleepy, as usual. This time I decided to combat the drowsiness with sunflower seeds. They worked to get me past my normal one hour sleep hurdle and got me the entire 7 1/2 hours home from Graceland, why not a 45 min drive to work? So, I stopped at the CVS pharmacy to buy a bag, along with some Gatorade. The lady at the counter was especially cheery. She asked, "Are you allowed these in school?" a bit awkward for her when I said, "Um, I'm actually going to work." She stumbled over her words to cover her mis-read, but it wasn't too bad. The reason for my blogging is this: Why didn't that bother me, or particularly make me happy? Should I be offended that she thought I was that much younger than I actually am? Should I Be elated that she sees me as more youthful than I really am? Or am I just in that in between stage where I am indifferent? Or, is it just because I am a guy? Would a 22 yr old girl be happy to be seen as four or five years younger, or would they be offended. I bring this up because it is a first for me. I am usually seen as older, which is no big deal either, I couldn't care less. I understood the mistake because I was around the corner from Grapevine High School, I thought it odd nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home