The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Football

My first experiences with the game of football happened when I lived on Pin Oak. We would play in between each other's houses or in the street; tackling each other acting like we knew what we were doing. Once I was comfortable doing that I volunteered to play at school during recess. That was fun until Dan M's glasses shattered into his eyes from a nasty tackle. I remember sitting at the playground while careflight came. In middle school I wanted the higher status that was associated with football, so I got in. I was pretty good for a couple of years. Then high school came around and I was just one of the dummies. (It's not a good thing when your peak in a sport is when you're 13 or 14.) We would play it almost every p-day during the fall and spring on my mission. I don't believe there is a better place to play the sport than in Ohio. Despite my decreased rate of physical activity in the sport, I play NFL Blitz every day. The point is... I'm a fan of the game.


One thing I have always associated with football is this song. My brother said they used to play it in the varsity lockeroom before every game. Listen to it, and let a trailer for a high school football movie run through your head.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home