The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Sunday, June 20, 2004

It's better than a goofy hat and neon glasses.

Some of the things I write to get scholarships...

Tell us about the best gift you have ever given someone or that someone else gave to you. What was the gift? Why was it special? (Don't write about things like love, mercy, salvation, time, etc. We want to read about tangible gifts that someone can hold or touch.) [80-120 words]

For my 22nd birthday I didn't ask for much. All I wanted was the Rubik's Cube Revenge. I wanted it because I was ready to move up from the Rubik's Cube. It only has 3 layers and the Rubik's Revenge has 4. I didn't think I would get it because my family is known for giving really weird or bad gifts. I guess the Rubik's Revenge is still weird or bad, but at least I wanted it. It was quite a surprise when I opened the box with it.

What is the most romantic thing that you have ever done or that someone else has done for you? [80-120 words]

One day a friend found out his sister was bringing home one of her roommates from college. To make a long story short, she wanted to go out with him. So to relieve the pressure of a blind date I told him I'd bring someone. For the invitation we wrote up a letter that had the tone of a business contract more than it did an invitation for a date. Besides, we were going to Ripley's Believe It or Not. I handed it to the girl the next day and appreciated the big smile and laugh when she read it.

(the following statement was not sent in with the application.)that's really not romantic is it? Don't judge me too harshly.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home