The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Just Call me Dr.

So I'm sitting at my sister's college graduation and I'm pondering my own college graduation. It seems so long ago. As the students, soon to be graduates, walk in, I'm mesmerized. I'm taken away to universityland. The place where true dreams come true. The Ph.D's walk in, next the Master's and finally the Bachelor's. But I notice something as the first two groups arrive, I want to be with them. I want to be called doctor. If Tracy Ann Dougan can do it, why can't I? The prestige, the honor, the recognition. I long to know what they know, I can do it. I want to work my tail off to be one of them. Even a Master's would be neat! My mind wanders as the speaker is giving his sound advice, and I start to take it to heart. I can apply my all, I can receive the blessings and be willing to work. I can do it. Then as the graduates walk across the stage, I'm reminded of all the 7 years I was in college. I can't do it. Forget it, the Ph.D and Master's programs are off. I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home