The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Monday, May 24, 2004

It's happiness that matters anyway

There is a belief that states "eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die." I believe
that statement is just as true as someone saying "God Lives", because when anything is not governed by eternal law, chaos reigns and destroys (or brings death to) everything that was built. It's obvious that without law, there would be no earth in orbit around the sun. The fact that we are even here attests that laws have been put into place by a higher power for our growth. They have put us at a starting point, the rest of our growth is dependant on obedience to greater law.

Today I had the opportunity to have a conversation with someone who lives a life contradictory to mine in almost every way. At one point in the conversation, he talked about some of the pros of his lifestyle. Some of which were his tastes and judgement at helping things look better; he mentioned some of the things he has helped to make look better (like girls). He seemed to be presenting things that brought happiness to his life at which point I thought to ask him "are you happy?" He asked me to define happy. I almost did, but instead I felt not to, and with a stern feeling I said, "No. Do you think you're happy?" Without any hesitation whatsoever he replied, "hell no." It was a witness to me that when people don't govern themselves by correct principles, it is hard to find any happiness in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home