The Clockworks

The insider on what makes us tick...

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Jury's Out

So I was assigned jury duty for Tuesday of this week. I was excited to see what this whole thing was about. I've never had jury duty before. No one I know has really experienced that side of a courtroom. The summons said I was a standby juror. I needed to call the morning of the 29th to see if they wanted me down there. Well, I had built up in my head all the worst case scenarios of my day in court so I was really looking forward to it. What if I got picked for this big important case and I was part of the decision to send them to jail and then I had to join the witness protection program? You know, those sorts of scenarios. I was also looking forward to a short day of work. So, I called yesterday morning and heard the dreaded recording. "All standby jurors do not, I repeat do not have to come to court today. You are relieved of your duties." (I'm paraphrasing a little.) Alas, I didn't get to fulfill my jury duty and I am a little disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home